From an early age, one should start the skincare routines. Teenage is the time when the body undergoes a lot of changes. Due to changes in cycles, the skin undergoes various changes as well. Some teenager’s skin may become oilier and if good care is not taken then that can lead to blemishes and acne. Here is a list of few skin care habits that you can start early and keep your skin healthy.
List of skin care habits
• Cleansing twice a day: An effective cleanser is the first thing you should start using in your skin care habits. The teens who are prone to acne must use products which have salicylic acid to unclog pores and clean skin all throughout. It is advisable to start first with a lower-strength product to avoid irritations. Along with that, you should always wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. before heading to bed.
• Apply toner: After you wash your face you should apply toner as a second vital step of skin care habits. It helps in hydrating the skin and restore its pH level. It also removes deep-seated dirt that your cleanser can’t clean. For applying toner properly, you must soak a cotton ball with toner and apply liberally on the skin. You should avoid getting any products in your eye and consider investing in products which contain natural ingredients.
• Use moisturizer: Once you apply toner, you have to apply moisturizers. It adds an extra layer of hydration and protection to your skin. Along with that, it prevents bacteria from getting through the pores to cause damage. Usually, moisturizers come with ingredients and consistencies both in cream and gel-based forms. If you have relatively dry skin, then use cream-based products while if you have oily skin then use gel moisturizers to avoid clogging pores. The moisturizer ingredients that are useful for teens are hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, salicylic acid, and ceramides.
• Use sunscreen: Applying sunscreen with proper SPF is essential to skin care habits for teenagers. There is a number of causes of aging and the major one is UV rays from the sun. It can damage your skin and cause fine lines, wrinkles, and sun spots. In order to avoid more damage to your skin, you must apply sunscreen having SPF on your face and exposed limbs. This aids in avoiding redness and sunburns. When you are out in the sun to make sure to use a hat and sunglasses.
• Remove makeup before bed: Most teenagers love to style and makeup. But after experimenting with various looks, it is advisable for girls to remove their makeup before going to bed. Usually, you may neglect this step and end up with more blemishes as makeup can clog the pores more.
• Get proper sleep: Right amount of sleep that is 6 to 8 hours a day is necessary for teens. Along with that, you must ensure that you are using the right materials of pillowcases which are soft and breathable. It also helps to sleep on your back to avoid wrinkles and ageing.
• Don’t touch face often: Our hands come into contact with various objects throughout the day and get in contact with germs. If you hand comes in contact with your face then that can lead to irritation and blemishes. In order to prevent this from happening, teens should avoid resting their face on their hands and try to always clean personal belongings that often touch their faces like makeup brushes, face towels, and cell phones.
• Never pop pimple: Teens should steer clear from popping their pimple with the nails or any other sharp object as that can lead scarring and sometimes injure blood vessels. You use effective spot treatment like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or acne patches for curing the pimples.
• Consult your dermatologist: During the teenage phase, your skin is going through lots of changes. There are times when teenagers have to face severe blemishes like acne which certain products may not be able to treat. To find the right skin care habits for certain skin conditions, it is advisable to visit your dermatologist and get a proper diagnosis. Therefore, teenagers’ skin has to face a lot of changes. So, it is advisable that you should opt for products that are gentle for the skin. If severe conditions occur then it always better to seek the advice of a good dermatologist. Visit RSGlobaldesk for more tips on skin care.