The foundation for healthy permanent teeth is laid in the first few years of our lives. It is for this reason that the children’s oral health is absolutely crucial!
The poor habits, the poor dietary choices and inadequate habits of toothbrushing during the first 2 years of life have been proven to be related with the cavity formation in the children. If the dental caries develop on the primary teeth then the chances are that they will also develop on the permanent teeth arriving later on.
That is why it is essential to establish the proper oral hygiene routine for helping the development of the healthy and strong teeth. The parents play a key role in this case. Now let us explore why dental care is essential for the kids.
Significance of Primary Teeth for the Kids
The primary teeth begin to erupt in the kids from the age of 6 months. The primary teeth eruption is complete by the time a kid is two and a half years old! The enamel of the primary teeth is not as dense as the permanent teeth. As a result of that, this enamel is more susceptible to the caries.
But primary teeth are significant for more than one reason. Here some of them are enlisted!
Utilities of Primary Teeth
- The primary teeth are the essential tools both for learning to talk and to chew.
- They assist in breaking the food up into small pieces. This ensures proficient digestion.
- The full primary teeth set is required for learning the correct pronunciation.
- These teeth are also responsible for the spacing and proper alignment of the permanent teeth.
That is why it is a must that they are cared for in the best way possible. Establishing a permanent oral care routine is necessary for setting the foundation of the permanent teeth. Apart from oral health, the diet that your kids take also plays a crucial role in maintaining the oral health.
In this regard, it is not just the sugar quantity in their food that you should be aware of. You should also give some thought to the frequency of sugar consumption. At any cost you should stop your kids from having sugary delights in between the meals especially at night.
Early Dental Care Prevents the Dental Diseases
By taking care of your baby’s oral health you take the first step to defend against a plethora of oral issues like gum disease, plaque and cavities. Research reveals that dental decay is one of the of the most common oral care issues like gum disease, plaque and cavities.
If the dental decay is left untreated it can lead to pain and infection that can cause issues with eating, speaking and overall health.
Steps to Take Care of Their Oral Health
For the above reason, it is imperative that you teach your kids the significance of oral hygiene. Parents can encourage the development of the following habits in kids. Just take a look.
- Wipe your child’s gums and mouth with a soft and wet washcloth when the teeth are not visible still. You can continue with the same practice once their first tooth appears.
- Teach the kids to brush all surfaces of the teeth twice everyday, for a couple of minutes with the help of fluoride toothpaste.
- Start flossing between the teeth of the child to get rid of the trapped food which can lead to decay and gingivitis.
- Make the kids drink lots of water all through the day.
- Play a video or sing a song to ensure that the kids brush for complete 2 minutes.
- Ensure your kid does not have sugary foods in between the meals.
Establish a Kid’s Healthy Relationship with the Dentist of the Child
One of the best ways to establish a strong relationship with the best dentist in Middle Village who understands the needs of your child and guides you in the proper way to maintain her healthy smile year after year.
Nitesh Ranjan is a digital marketing expert with keen interest on topics, trends and ideas related to brand promotion and advertising. He regularly shares information on the ways to market businesses across digital channels for better ROI, increased conversions and more sales. His blog can help anyone interested in boosting the online visibility in the digital world and eyeing access to a wider and bigger marketplace without spending big on marketing. Trust his digital marketing knowledge to enhance your brand’s presence on the internet.